I’ve always considered that a big Predator.
Several scenes seen in the TV and online spots for AVP:R depict a Predator sitting in a lounge chair on their home world just like in the classic image above. I predict that at the end of AVP:R we’ll see that chest buster scene.
Second, MINIOR SPOILER ON WIKI. It will be seen in AVP:R that the Preds have developed an metallic alloy resistant to the xeno acidic blood. The weapon should, I repeat it SHOULD IN TOTALLY IN ALL RESPECT TO FANBOISM, resemble shiny chrome. In AVP:R it’s clear in the previews that to contain the xeno outbreak nuclear weapons are used by the military to destroy a town or city.
Two images here that go together. Shiny metal chrome and nuclear flame.
Is the Cameronverse coming together this way? Was SKYNET developed as the final solution to destroy the xenomorph threat? Did human beings invent a time displacement device from the Predator’s warp drive? Was the climate change and dystopian accents seen in Predator 2 caused by the nuclear holocaust seen in Terminator 3?
Bring on that AVP: Ultimatum, bring on that AVPVT. Bring it on home.